I received one of those perpetually forwarded e-mails that make you stop and think for a second and thought I would pass it on even further. Hence, the title of this post.
Yet, this information is actually true and when the folks that I deal with on a daily basis are more susceptible to strokes than most***, y'all need to keep these things in mind.
How to Recognize a Stroke
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. A stroke victim may suffer permanent brain damage when people fail to recognize what's happening. Now, doctors say any bystander can recognize a stroke, simply by asking three questions:
* ask the individual to smile.
* ask him or her to raise both arms.
* ask the person to speak a simple sentence.
If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 911 immediately, and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher. Researchers are urging the general public to learn to ask these three questions quickly, to someone they suspect of having a stroke. Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosis and treatment of a stroke, and prevent permanent brain damage.
The warning signs of a stroke are:
* Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
* Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or understanding.
* Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
* Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
* Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
Read more at Snopes.
This became an issue yesterday while I was watching of the STFA of Barry Obama. Clearly Joe FREAKING Biden is braindead. No one bothered to take him to the hospital when someone asked him to smile and that hideous Pennywise grin crept over his face.
Please take the time to comment.
***I deal mainly with liberals throughout the course of my day. The full article states that people that have never used their brain are most often the ones that have strokes. That totally explains the Democrat Party, too.